The past 12 months have been disruptive and challenging for many, especially in responding to immediate and sustained changes resulting from COVID-19. Despite these disruptions and challenges, the solar industry has remained resilient and productive.
As we reflect on Trina’s journey this year, we are proud of our continued position as a global solar leader and of our innovative solutions and initiatives that have helped move the solar industry forward. We are sincerely thankful for the support and dedication of our team, partners and customers.
Here’s a look back on some 2020 highlights:
- For the sixth consecutive year, Trina Solar is proud to have been recognized as a “Top Performer” among global PV module manufacturers in the 2020 PV Module Reliability Scorecard issued by PV Evolution Labs (PVEL). This recognition is for outstanding product reliability and performance.
- A study was released in June in the journal Joule confirming that bifacial modules coupled with single-axis tracking are a more cost-effective solar option than monofacial crystalline silicon PV modules and fixed-tilt systems. With all-in-one solar solution TrinaPro, Tier-1 bifacial PV modules are bundled with trackers and inverters to optimize power gains for utility-scale solar installations.
- Analysts have predicted the U.S. residential solar market is on track to install almost 100 GWdc of solar in the next five years. Trina’s all-black Residential Module is a way for residential installers to tap into this growth and highlight aesthetics, since consumers prefer all-black panels.
- Trina’s C&I Solutions have made it easy for EPCs and project developers looking to expand their business or enter into rapidly emerging segments, like solar microgrids.
- With new challenges and opportunities on the rise for utility-scale solar, our TrinaPro solution is helping project stakeholders deliver new solutions and strategies that meet redefined customer needs. TrinaPro delivers streamlined procurement, quality component performance and compatibility, system support, one-stop bankability and even the potential for power guarantee.
- Just this month, Trina Solar joined other solar manufacturers in proposing the industry standardization of 210mm silicon wafers and modules. This standardization will allow the solar industry to achieve the best possible scale by improving production efficiency, optimizing supply and driving more technological innovation.
- And a new DNV GL assessment found that Trina Solar’s Vertex modules significantly reduce costs, LCOE in particular, due to their highly efficient power generation capacity and low-voltage, high-string power design.
Trina Solar and the solar industry in general couldn’t be better positioned to maintain strong growth next year and beyond. Despite a tumultuous year, solar has remained resilient, with increasing appeal and continued plunging costs. In fact, the 2020 US solar expansion forecast is set to be the highest annual increase to date. And this growth is expected to continue with no slowdown in sight.
As a Tier 1 module manufacturer and global solar solutions provider, Trina Solar is ready to help you seize opportunities, starting with your next project. You can count on us to deliver unrivaled project success, consistent with our reputation as a best-in-class manufacturer and go-to brand for solar project stakeholders.
Whether you’re in the business of developing utility, commercial or residential solar projects, Trina Solar can help you kick off 2021 on the right foot. Contact us to get started today!
Smart Energy Solutions
delivered straight to your inbox